COVID-19 UPDATE: Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the 5-Day Framework For Living Mindfully will not be held in-person. It is now replaced by the eight-week Online mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. For a listing of upcoming MBSR programs, please click here for more details. An online retreat option may also be offered this year. For inquires, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Framework for Living Mindfully
(5-day Residential open to everyone)
September 3 to 8, 2020 [CANCELLED - stay tuned for an online version]
2371 Arbot Rd, Nanaimo, BC
Note: Framework For Living mindfulness is replaced with the Eight-Week Online Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program. For a listing of upcoming MBSR programs, please click here for more details.
About Framework for Mindful Living MBSR Intensive Program
Have you felt an inner call to approach your life with more wisdom, skill and compassion? Have you wished to engage your mind and body in ways that can support greater clarity and resilience? And, are you interested in both learning about and addressing root causes of stress that can make a difference in your life and the lives of students, patients and clients you serve?
Mindfulness is an innate resource in all human beings that is often overlooked. This program offers intentional, step by step guidance to cultivate strength and familiarity with this human birthright of awareness, naturalness, openness and warmth. Through the practices of MBSR, you will have the opportunity to explore your relationship with the body, mind, heart, and with one another in an environment rich in curiosity and engagement.
Based on the world-renowned Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course (MBSR), this five-day, residential program invites this inner exploration as we investigate the framework of the science and practice of mindfulness and its potential to impact the quality of one’s life. Included in the program:
- Full introduction and guidance of the formal MBSR meditation practices;
- Introduction and explication of the science and mechanisms of mindfulness;
- How perception and conditioning shape how we experience the world, and how mindfulness can begin to uncouple automatic, habitual reactivity for clearer seeing and more creative responding;
- Tools for deeper listening—to ourselves and others;
- Methods and applications for bringing brief, informal mindfulness practices through the day to rebalance oneself emotionally, mentally, and physically;
- Introduction of appropriate workplace applications of mindfulness practices for teachers and healthcare providers.
Framework for Mindful Living, is a unique opportunity for those who may not have access to an 8-week MBSR class. The program is also appropriate for those who’d like to deepen or re-invigorate their mindfulness meditation practice, and for health professionals who wish to apply mindfulness in their work with others. In the supportive environment of a retreat-like setting, there is time and space to inquire, reflect, and come close to ourselves in ways that allow for learning, insight and healing
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and give examples of current personal patterns of automatic pilot and automatic, habitual stress reactivity that may lead to reduced effectiveness and burnout;
- Identify and analyze current work/life stressors;
- Reflect on and examine individual resources for meeting stress, comparing adaptive and maladaptive coping mechanisms;
- Explain how stress expresses in human biology and physiology and how mindfulness impacts the stress cycle;
- Utilize formal and informal mindfulness practices to reduce distraction, bring greater clarity and intentionality to decision-making, and increase emotional regulation;
- Describe and demonstrate mindful listening as an effective skill in human relating;
- Formulate a plan for utilizing mindfulness practices to support one’s own health and well-being and that of clients, patients, students and others we work with.